Game Makers Iceland is an organization dedicated to fostering an open and inclusive game development community in Iceland. To that end, we do our best to ensure that our events and Slack are safe places for everybody. We also hope that those who participate in the community will help us work towards that goal.
Abuse, harassment, or discrimination in language or in action will not be tolerated. This includes but is not limited to:
- Language that is sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, classist, or otherwise makes someone feel unwelcome or less valuable as a member of this community because of their identity or background
- Threats of harm or harassment
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following
- Harassing photography or recording
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior
We expect members of this community to follow these rules at all our events and on our Slack.
If you become aware that a member of the community is engaging in any of the behaviour outlined above or if you, for any reason, feel unsafe or unwelcome at an event or on our Slack please report it to one of the Game Makers Iceland representatives. You can speak to Alexandra, Haukur, Jói, or Torfi, on Slack, in person, or at our email address (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you prefer to report it anonymously please do so here. Please do not hesitate to report anything that you think might be inappropriate behavior. Harassment and other code of conduct violations are bad for the whole community and it is always better to let us know about it.
Last updated July 9th, 2018.